Friday, August 14, 2009

Loophole In The Law

Vinayak Varma has recently become the first guy to hold two jobs AFTER the institution of the one-job rule.

It's funny how people will search for ways upon ways to use artificial means to "enforce" "equality" (one of those rare cases where two successive words in a sentence merit those annoying finger-quotes) and others will just step up and kick ass.

"We don't really care about the rules you make," I'd said at a class meeting in May 2007, "we'll play you by your rules and still be on our own trip." I had no idea then that my best friend in college would be one to benefit most directly from that even-if dare. I can honestly say that no one's deserved it more.

The lights of London may well be a little too far to see, but what this magnificent piece of news has done is reinforce my belief in the idea that the cream always rises to the top.

As for the rest of us, for all the meetings, rules, paranoia, Googlegroup spam and (recent addition to vocabulary) "ratting", we're still making loud noises just because we can.

We're like empty vessels.

Hit us and we rattle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you rattle rather well, ego.

Anonymous said...

vinayak is the second person. aditi was the first.

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits