Monday, November 23, 2009

Closing Doors

Yesterday was loaded with significance in many, many ways. Everything from literally locking the door shut on my last ever Legala to enjoying three hours of brilliant music outdoors at my last ever Strawberry Fields was marked with the conscious feeling that what was happening was very, very special.

I was reminded this evening of things I said last night about 'happiest times in law school' and 'how each year in college has been typified by how I felt on Strawberry Fields Finals night that year' and I realised that I wasn't off at all--I actually meant all of those things.

I've also found a unique way to let the dust settle on this truly fantastic weekend--a probable wisdom tooth extraction and an Undertaker interview prior to King of the Ring 1997. Since words aren't enough to describe the first, I'll reproduce the second:

"Well, I'd like to take this time to talk about Faarooq. Last week, Faarooq decided to play the race card. Well Faarooq, you need to understand that the Undertaker, he's not the white saviour, because I don't recognise colour. I'm not white, I'm not black. What I am is the reaper of wayward souls. And when it's all said and done, and when the King of the Ring is all over, and you're sitting in that dressing room and you're wondering why you're not the World Wrestling Federation champion, well, you can rest assured it's not because you're black, it's because you couldn't beat the Undertaker."

Man, I love YouTube. :)

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits