Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"The second 'W' in WWE"

Congratulations Bryan Danielson, for scripting the fairytale denouement of the little indy wrestler that could. You, sir, are an inspiration to everyone who has been told that it "just won't happen" for them. I was too emotionally spent after Bret Hart's shock career-ending to ever invest in the largely thankless pursuit of making a wrestling career a personal interest. However, I'm thrilled to declare today, after seven long years of following a career that seemed destined to resonate with fans for what it wasn't rather than for what it was, that Bryan Danielson was an effort worth making. In these times of professional wrestling's desperate poverty of talent that can actually "do what the marquee says", Bryan Danielson has meant as much to me as Bret Hart did in the glory days.       

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson holding the two lead titles in WWE in December 2011 - who's writing the scripts here? No pun intended, of course. :-)


No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits