Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Flood

The outpouring of attention since my last post has been pretty overwhelming. I've never before had a surprise birthday party, I've never before managed to make so many people with nothing in common very proud of me for the same reason and I've never before managed to feel properly deserving of it all. To say that the last week has been the greatest of my life would be an exaggeration, but not by much.

However, it is September 1 today. There are exactly three weeks until I leave and with that comes the distinct feeling that I have it all to do all over again. Oscar Wilde once said, "all of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars." As if he knew anything about the real world.

**Deep breath** Let us continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To whomsover it may concern,

Here's the weblink to the online edition of the DH e-paper dated 30-08-10 with an published article of NLSIU's Mr.Eashan Ghosh (Gold Medalist) in pic-3rd from R.H.S on the occasion of the 18th Annual Convocation of the premier law institute in Bangalore,INDIA.

http://deccanheraldepaper.com//svww_showarticle.php?art=20100830aD005100004

And Yeah! you're right on the money Mr.Ghosh.Special feelings are indeed for special people.

I wonder,is this the sangreal?
Perhaps not.Watch out OXFORD!

Anonymous

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits