Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Full Circle

"She couldn't even remember what he'd looked like the first time he'd said her name out loud. She couldn't remember their first phone call. Neither could he. 


Yet, as she looked at him, emerge from the crowd that had gathered around the food stalls in a not-so-crowded concert, she knew she'd say it out loud. To him. To anyone he wanted her to say it to. It was the knowledge that he would never ask her to do such a thing , made her want to say it even more.


Yes, a story like this can only find culmination in your imagination. This could be its pinnacle, or even be near its end.You can never tell with these 'Strawberry Fields' tales.
 

They are just as mis-shapen and unhinged as the song is. What were the Beatles thinking."


In December 2006, I had the honour of having this written for me. In response, I wrote this. To which, someone had said, "haha...you kids are so easy to understand :)" and "mumble grumble" respectively. 


Even at a distance of four plus years, I can remember almost everything that happened during that wonderful November week - I learned to love back, I finally learned to love being a college student and I set the groundwork for a deeply personal, highly irregular and --at least to those we know-- an utterly inexplicable friendship. 


If any of the three of us was to say the 'it' she spoke of in December 2006 to either of the other two, I'm pretty sure much hilarity would ensue. Indeed, our lives since that November week have diverged almost to vanishing point. Yet, thanks to that one week, we know each other much, much better than many people we're surrounded by now. 


Thanks, you two. I wouldn't have been the same without you. :)   

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits