Monday, May 23, 2011

Boing , Boing

Observations from the last round of English Premier League fixtures for the 2010-11 season:

1. Wolves should erect a Stephen Hunt statue to go with the Billy Wright and Stan Cullis statues outside Molineux. Probably the most important consolation goal in Premier League history. #legendinhisownlunchtime

2. My faith in the class of 2001 all staying up for a tenth straight season has been justified - Fulham finish second in the Teams That Don't Have Money League (8th overall), Bolton are much, much better value than 14th place and/or 46 points and, sigh of relief, Blackburn retain a reasonably flattering 15th with an excellent first half at Molineux. #amiclairvoyantorwhat

3. Only the earth-shatteringly woeful West Ham United were worse than Blackpool in the Premier League this season. So sod you, Blackpool. #thetabledoesntlie

4. Aston Villa have enough members of the England squad for them to seriously contemplate fielding a rebel English national team. Their results would probably be comparable. #midtablemediocrity

5. There cannot be too many players in the history of the Premier League whose last names roll as sexily off commentators' tongues as Hugo Rodallega. #sayitoutloud

6. Newcastle United demonstrated that their wide ranging skills of headline grabbing antics include the ability to throw away a three-goal lead at home. #arsenalmustfeellikeshit

7. Speaking of Arsenal, it really does look like it's going to be at least one more season of transition before a legitimate tilt at the title. #stillwaitingforatrophy

8. The 2-1 scoreline at White Hart Lane masks how badly Spurs hammered Birmingham into relegation. Looking at their squad, coaching staff and fan base, I don't really see why they're not in the top four, which leads me to challenge some very questionable decisions, tactically and otherwise, by one man. #'arryforengland

9. Despite the tag of 'not being good enough for the Premier League', fact is, J-Beck banged in another vital, vital goal to beat Chelsea today. #leedsstillproducestalent

10. Another classy performance by Manchester City away from home. Edin Dzeko's not so shit now, is he? #citehforthetreble2012   

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits