Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hold on to that Oyster card

I didn't think I'd like London. As the bus pulled out of Victoria this morning, however, I had to admit that I've grown to like it quite a bit. Maybe that's because I don't study or work there. Yet, there's a sense from almost everyone I've met there that they, too, concur with my view that the city always seems full of possibility.

I will, of course, go back there for a couple of days in a few weeks, but I already have a sense that that trip is going to be very different. For the last nine months or so, it has been a sanctuary, something to look forward to and has offered new things to do.

It is perhaps fitting that London waited right until the end of my last trip as a student to play a significant part in ultimately clearing a lot of my career-related confusion. Naturally, the variables that cloud the picture haven't disappeared. But I now know what I want to do. Equally, I feel that I've got to do it.

All of which convinces me that even though it won't be in the foreseeable future, I will return to London at some point after July 2011.          

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sir Ji! The very best of luck to you, as you stand on the cusp of great things. :-)

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits