Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Minutiae

Elaine: I'm sorry, but the high-five is just so stupid.
Puddy: Oh yeah? I’ll tell you what’s stupid. You. Stupid.
Elaine: Well, that is really mature.
Puddy: Oh yeah? So are you.
Elaine: Huh?
Puddy: You’re the grease monkey.
Elaine: Uh...that doesn't make any sense. I'm leaving.

(Seinfeld, 9:11, 'The Dealership')


Jerry: What happened to my stereo ? It's all smashed up!
Kramer: That's right. Now it looks like it was broken during shipping and I insured it for $400.
Jerry: But you were supposed to get me a refund!
Kramer: You can't get a refund - your warranty expired two years ago!
Jerry: So were going to make the Post Office pay for my new stereo now?
Kramer: It's a write off for them.
Jerry: How is it a write off?
Kramer: They just write it off.
Jerry: Write it off what?
Kramer: Jerry, all these big companies they write off everything!
Jerry: You don't even know what a write off is.
Kramer: Do you?
Jerry: No! I don't!
Kramer: But they do. And they're the ones writing it off.
Jerry : I wish I had the last twenty seconds of my life back.

(Seinfeld, 8:5, 'The Package')

* * *

Had my last-ever BCL tutorial today. I'd get senti if there wasn't the small matter of exams in thirteen days. 

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits