Monday, March 12, 2012

200th

I don't know if I can ever put into words exactly how amazing my Dad is. I called him this morning to wish him a happy birthday and, at the end of that short phone call, he was wishing me a great day at work.

Sometimes, it isn't about what you achieve in life, it's about who you are despite what you achieve. The phone call this morning made me realise that I still look at him through the eyes of the little boy I once was, truly astonished at how nothing seems impossible for him and how he's so genuinely down-to-earth in the face of everything I've seen him go through over the years.

I assure you that it's pure chance, but I couldn't have picked a more fitting subject for my 200th blog post.

Happy birthday, Papa! I'm in awe of you and I always will be.

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits