Sunday, April 01, 2012

And so we wait.



Wrestlemania XXVIII is a matter of hours away and the trembling hands, the dullness in the spine and the peeled, reddened eyes all confirm the feverish anticipation invested into what should be one hell of a show.

But for all the festivity, grandeur and excitement, I have one simple wish - that Mark Calaway walks away from Hell in a Cell without some kind of incapacitating physical damage.

The damage his extraordinary body has endured over the years is now irreversible - that is a fact and something I have trouble with whenever I watch him. However, I am also aware that the line between irreversibility and incapacitation is one that he does not particularly respect and while that has been the cornerstone of my respect of him as a performer, just for tonight, I'm holding out the hope that he does, in fact, live to fight another day. It is increasingly apparent that it is impossible for his match in a few hours' time to be better than his previous nineteen performances on this grand stage and I'm just praying that his pride as a performer doesn't come in the way of him being physically able to lace up those boots one more time after tonight.

As much as it likely will, it doesn't deserve to end this way.   

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits