Thursday, August 09, 2012

"Hope @realkevinnash doesn't tear his quad tweeting!"

WWE Monday Night Raw; San Diego, CA; 8/15/2011

Okay, you expect me to believe that load of crap? You expect me to believe that you and Triple H are not on the same page? You're best friends! And Triple H keeps saying he does what's good for business, he re-signed me because it's good for business. And you're just gonna do whatever your best friend asks you to do? Don't answer this, it's a rhetorical question - if Triple H asked you to jump off a bridge, would you? Because I think that would be good for business. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that Triple H doesn't know what's good for business and I'd always heard that Kevin Nash doesn't know what's good for business but now I've seen it first hand - you don't know what's good business.


"This is the first time you and I have spoke, and let me tell you something: You need to watch your mouth."
 
 
I need to watch my mouth? You need to watch the show! I do and say whatever I want, to whomever I please.


"Obviously your world just changed."
 
 
The story that you just told clearly points out that Triple H is a liar. You know, but maybe, just maybe, Triple H is telling the truth. Maybe you're the liar, Kevin Nash.


 "Would you like to see the text message on my telephone?"
 
 
Would you like to see the text message my little sister Sheline left on my phone last night? 'OMG Kevin Nash WTF thought he was dead, LOL'. The funny thing is, Sheline isn't normally wrong - but here you are in living colour, just your career is dead. I've got a lot of people I'm pointing fingers at, a lot of people I'm mad at and, surprisingly enough, Alberto Del Rio is not one of them. What he did I've done before - eight men have cashed in, eight men have become champion - but this is Triple H running amok and he's bringing his cronies back.
 
 
"All Triple H has done is shook things up around here."
 
 
No, no, I'm the guy who shook things up around here.
 
 
"You're just some indy-riffic guy you've been here five years; been in two main events? Held the world title three times in twenty days?"
 
 
That hurts so much coming from a guy who knows so much about being a main eventer. The guy who said the legendary Eddie Guerrero was a vanilla midget. What do you know about talent? It's 2011, it's not 1994.


"Well you oughta go to 1996 when I changed the business with Scott Hall and made sure that everybody, including guys like you got guaranteed money. Yeah, 'thank you', that's what you should be saying - shut your mouth and say 'thank you'! If that's where this business is going - with some guy who looks like a short order cook from a Pikeville Waffle House as the champion - take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue."
 
 
I like Waffle House - I don't know what you have against Waffle House. But last night, you did something you shouldn't have done, that wasn't good for business - you put your hands on me. Now, I may look like a short order cook, I'd rather walk in as CM Punk and leave as CM Punk than walk in as Oz or Vinnie Vegas or Big Daddy Cool Diesel. Enough with the talking, enough with the snarky comments, last night showed me you want to fight - let's fight, right here in San Diego.

***

Kevin Nash, if getting burnt on the mic by CM Punk the night after Summerslam last year was indeed the reason you disrespected two of the finest champions in history, I have little to say but much to think about. I'd say I'm ashamed of you but that would assume I held you in some esteem to begin with. I read http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8241536/wrestling-star-kevin-nash-making-headway-hollywood-keeps-night yesterday but it has taken me over 24 hours to fully digest the gravity and furore created by Nash's comments. It's one of those days when you question whether there's too much bitterness in the wrestling business for it to prosper again. 

No comments:

I'm not sure if there's a point to this story but I'm going to tell it again.

My photo
India
I've been wilfully caught up in the self-defeating quest to get to know myself for years. I've never expected anything beneficial to result from such a quest. I tend to evoke extremely polarised reactions from people I get to know in passing. Consequently, only those people who know me inside-out would honestly claim that I'm a person who's just "alright." It's not a coincidence that the description I've laid out above has no fewer than, title included, eleven references to me (make that twelve). I'm affectionately referred to as "Ego." I think that last statement might have given away a tad too much. Welcome Aboard.

IHTRTRS ke pichle episode mein aapne dekha...

Tags

Blog Hits